JCE MediaBox can display media (images, flash, youtube, quicktime etc.) in a customizable inline popup, includes a tool-tip function and a png fix option for IE.
It should work with all modern browsers - FF 2+, IE 6+, Opera 9+, Safari, Chrome, Camino
Where to get JCE MediaBox?
Go and get the latest version of MediaBox :
Install JCE MediaBox
Some misunderstood that JCE MediaBox should be installed via Components > JCE Administration > Install
If you try the above method you are going to receive an error message:
Extension Install: No JCE Plugin file specified
We can tell that JCE MediaBox is a plug-in of Joomla, mean that JCE MediaBox is able to work without JCE Component. Of course to use JCE MediaBox more easier, install JCE Component before installing JCE is a must.
We must install MediaBox via Joomla standard installer:
- Log into your Joomla back-end as a super administrator
- Extensions > Install/Uninstall
- Upload Package File :: Click on "Browser..." button to locate the file "plg_jcemediabox_xxxx.zip" (eg. plg_jcemediabox_1010.zip)
- Click on "Upload File & Install" button to upload the file from your computer then install it.
After successfully installed, you will see the belove message:
Displays media (images, flash, youtube, quicktime etc.) in a customizable inline popup.
Includes a tool-tip function and a png fix option for IE.
Based on and inspired by...
- TinyMCE by Moxiecode - http://tinymce.moxiecode.com
- Light theme inspired by Slimbox by Christophe Beyls - http://www.digitalia.be
- Shadow theme inspired by ShadowBox - http://mjijackson.com/shadowbox/
- Squeeze theme inspired by Squeezebox by Harald Kirschner - http://digitarald.de/project/squeezebox/
- Light Theme inspired by Slimbox by Christophe Beyls - http://www.digitalia.be
- Thickbox 2.0 by Cody Lindley - http://www.codeylindley.com
Should work with all modern browsers - FF 2+, IE 6+, Opera 9+, Safari, Chrome, Camino
Don't forget to publish JCE MediaBox!Changelog - http://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/releases/changelog/jcemediabox
Enable JCE MediaBox
The state of "System - JCE MediaBox" is disable by default. To make it up and running, you have to enable it.
- Go to Extensions > Plugin Manager
- Type "jce mediabox" in the box of Filter, then click "Go" button to go "System - JCE MediaBox"
- Click on the red X button to enable JCE MediaBox.
Update JCE MediaBox
JCE MediaBox used method="upgrade", so we no need to uninstall its previous version in order to install the new version one. We just install it, then it will upgrade automatically.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 20 July 2010 20:10